This website is only using two cookies since they are inclueded in a base component for protection against attacks. We don't use any tools to detect how often you visit this website or what you do!
You also won't find any advertisments or other affiliate marketing stuff on our sites!
In contrary to most other systems all the collected data of you mileage logbook is owned by you. It is not stored somewhere abroad on a Server or a Cloud. The data is on your phone in a local high performance SQL database.
The only exception to this are the optional Online Services, since this feature won't work without a central server. For this we use the Microsoft cloud service called "Azure" located in Western Europe.
TripTracker does not sell or analyze your data (like all social media companies do). You won't find ads or statistic tools inside our apps!!
TripTracker is a quite funcional App. Therefore it needs some permissions. More details about that can be found here
- INTERNET: This is required to resolve adresses (Geocoding).
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: It is nessesary to know if the app has access to the internet.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE & READ_EXTERNAL_STOREAGE:TripTracker needs to generate your law conform documents, storing pictures of bills and reading or writing backups.
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION & ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION & READ_GSERVICE: Required to track your way.
- ACCESS_BACKGROUND_LOCATION:This permission is required for position determination in the background. TripTracker needs this to record the route taken and then to calculate the departure or arrival address and the distance traveled (even if the app is not currently open [background work] or not).
- BLUETOOTH & BLUETOOTH_ADMIN: This is needed for the automaic start/stop functionality
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE & CHANGE_WIFI_STATE: TripTracker supports OBDII wifi adapters
External Services (Google)
In TripTracker you find some Google Products (Geocoder and Maps). Please read the following articles:
Should it become necessary to update this declaration for various reasons (e.g. change in the legal text), these can be found here. It is advisable to check this document regularly, as the usage reads as approval of the changes.
Another great resource is the manual which can be found here. There you find illustrated setup instructions for allmost any feature of TripTracker.